👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone!

Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course?

We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting in Jira, and provide feedback on the experience. The course is fully self-paced and should take around 45 min.

Anyone is eligible to participate. Bonus points if you are brand new to reporting in Jira, though it is recommended you have some experience using Jira Software.

Here’s how to start the beta test:

1. Open the free course and enroll here

2. Complete all lessons (just as you would for any course)

3. Provide your feedback using the survey (final lesson of the course)

This beta test closes at 11:59pm PT on Thursday, 1/13/22, so please make sure to enroll as soon as possible.

That’s all! If you have any questions, add a comment below and we'll get back to you. Thank you in advance for all your help. Your perspective, thoughts, and feedback are extremely valuable to make this a powerful learning experience for users.

Cheers!

Atlassian University

29 comments

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Good!! Another one, Excited.. Thank you @Becky Mueller 

Like • # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

@Becky Mueller enrolled! I'll share feedback upon completion sometime in the next 48 hours.

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2022

Sweeto Burrito!

Sharon Tan
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 10, 2022

Adding a comment for inquiring minds: please note this is a Cloud course! Thanks 🙂

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2022

Just took it - it was a lovely refresher! Plus I learned more about board-level Insights, which I don't mess around with often.

Nikkro
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2022

Just completed, all good with some minor comments below:

#1. Once you click out of the "In progress" side bar and re-clicking that again, the mini pie progress bar becomes 99%issue1.png

#2 The wording can't emphasize there's tasks pending to complete, I thought it's one-click mission instead. issue2.png

#3 May be to share some basic scenario before jumping into the report, letting user to more correlated.

Like • Sharon Tan likes this
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2022

Good one @Becky Mueller ! Loved the detailed explaination for individual Report

Like • Sharon Tan likes this
Becky Mueller
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2022

Thanks for the great feedback, @Nikkro ! I appreciate you adding those screenshots too, those are helpful. 

Becky Mueller
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2022

@Dave Liao @Ajay _view26_ , so glad to hear you enjoyed the course! 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

Excellent course - really enjoyed the simulation. 

Becky Mueller
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2022

@John Funk Great to hear that you enjoyed the course and the simulation! 

Becky Mueller
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2022

Loving all of this feedback! Thank you to everyone who has participated so far. I'm going to keep the test open until Friday, January 14th at 5 PM EST to give folks a little more time to take the course. Let me know if you have any questions!

Like • Vesna Vukovic likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2022

I'm tardy! Thanks for the extension teach.

I did notice one spelling error so far.
Module: How to use reporting
Current text: Looking or a quick snapshot of your team's performance?
Corrected text: Looking for a quick snapshot of your team's performance?

Becky Mueller
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2022

Ooh, good catch @Andy Gladstone . I'll fix that right now!

Mark Higgins
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2022

Good course, and definitely worthwhile. The reports are effective, if the Jira data entered is effective. 

Thanks

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2022

@Becky Mueller I completed my assessment of the course tonight. It was both enlightening and frightening. Enlightening in content, frightening to see how poorly we are performing in the Project I kept referring to internally to run reports against real data!

I believe that the insights and Work Management section may make sense to come first before all of the individual reports. That's my only feedback on the structure.

Navigation was easy and smooth - I loved that it didn't kick me out for the next section and just remained continuous. 

I was hoping to send you these privately, but don't have your contact info. A few more grammar/spelling corrections I came across.

Control chart
Rolling average line dialog
Current: collection issues
Corrected: collection of issues

Work Management Reports
Created vs. Resolved Issues
Current: See it in action: Areas in red show period where more issues were created than resolved.
Corrected: See it in action: Areas in red show periods where more issues were created than resolved.

Insights in Jira
Current: With this insight, the team can view at a glance the different types of work they’re taking on, for example, if they’re spending more time tackling time tech debt or shipping new features.
Corrected:  With this insight, the team can view at a glance the different types of work they’re taking on, for example, if they’re spending more time tackling tech debt or shipping new features.

Current: When tacking sprint progress, you can find insights right in the board view of Jira.
Corrected: When tracking sprint progress, you can find insights right in the board view of Jira.

Thanks for the preview, I learned a lot!

Becky Mueller
Atlassian Team
January 14, 2022

Thanks so much, @Andy Gladstone ! Love to hear the course was enlightening. Your feedback is fantastic--thank you for catching all those little errors. I really appreciate you taking the time to look over everything! 

Like • Dave Liao likes this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2022

YIKES.... 😱 the amount of SCOPE CREEP in the examples was terrifying! For sure I will have nightmares tonight about memories past. #YEET 👻

This is another great course and in my opinion is for EVERYBODY involved in project report; the management, the teams, anyone who contributes. It's a nice short course that helps all stakeholders understand the value of high quality reporting. Wish I had it for an organization I worked for a looooong time ago, to help people understand why us PMs needed high quality reporting

Ultimately quality reporting impacts performance, which in turn impacts profitability, which in turns impacts bonuses/salary raises. (and all stakeholders are interested in that!)

#WINNING 💰💸

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2022

Hi @Becky Mueller

Please count me in.

Like • Becky Mueller likes this
Sameer Wakude January 19, 2022

Hi @Becky Mueller Please count me in too.

Kathy Woolverton January 19, 2022

Thanks.  This should indicate in the title that it only focuses on JIRA's Software project types, as we are currently using Business Project type, and almost none of the reports were covered. Or better yet, expand to the other report types.
I was hoping to learn how to build reports, as the out of the box ones don't include a key report we need: such as how to create a report like Timeline view for non-JIRA stakeholders, with more advanced filters.

Becky Mueller
Atlassian Team
January 20, 2022

@Fun Man Andy I love this feedback, especially the big sell for reporting at the end! 

Like • Fun Man Andy likes this
Becky Mueller
Atlassian Team
January 20, 2022

@Kathy Woolverton Thank you, this is good feedback! I will find a way to make it clear in the course description that this course is for Jira Software project types. 

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2022

@Becky Mueller 💗💪

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2022

@Becky Mueller , I finally got around to taking the training sorry it took so long. In any event I really enjoyed the training and thought it could be quite useful for anyone starting out with Jira. A couple of observations and comments:

• I noted a few grammatical errors mainly spelling. Unfortunately I didn't jot them down and now I wish I had.
  • I really enjoyed the various reports where the training placed a magnifying glass on sections of the report to help show examples of what it means to be on schedule or behind schedule. Such as the bottlenecks that were illustrated. These type of illustrations help really explain how to read some of these more non-intuitive reports. I've always kind of scratched my head at the cumulative chart and the training helped.
  • i'm not sure what the end product will look like but one suggestion might be the ability to select the type of project and or board at the beginning. Meaning, if I as a trainee was able to give a bit of information upfront about my situation then the training session could be tailored to my specific needs.

thanks for the opportunity to collaborate!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events