I would like to share a series of articles related to the APM( Application performance monitoring) tool. It based on my investigation of different problems related to the performance.
Let's start from most popular in industry tool "New Relic".
1. We have a business case: it is the angry end of users :)
2.1. ASAP detect the bottleneck
2.2. Continuously monitoring the problem
2.3. Possibility to review (on browser side, on backend side and RDMS side as well)
2.4. Price and Functionality
Let's start from scratch.
1. We need to register and install ab agent in our situation is java.
You will see below panel.
I have spent on test environment around 5 min to install.
2. For the realistic situation, I have installed an app with the leak. Where immediately NewRelic detects the problem:
3. On the tab of the transaction, you can find the slowest average response time:
4. After we that we can investigate not web type:
5. And next good things are based on the external services (it helps to be easy to understand the problem with integrations). And next awesome things is Error analytics:
6. Sometimes you can meet with the situation where server metrics are health, and end the user is feeling the problem. Therefore I totally recommend you to try the browser analytic for check full situation. Where you can easily understand problem-related with GEO, version of browser or specific app with JS:
7. You can find many and many metrics from scratch:
e.g. that helped to me undestand the problem of js scripts related to the UI customisations
1. I have found many bottlenecks on backend and frontend side by that app.
2. I have worked with the next apps
3. Price is high, but you can speak.
4. I am going to test the next tool. Feel free add here your favorite APM tool, hence I will try to check and review that one for my Atlassian infra :)
I hope it was interesting to you.
Thanks for you attention.
If it will be interesting I am planning to review Dynatrace
Gonchik TsymzhitovCommunity Leader