Enhanced Jira board and backlog

462 comments

ryandell January 17, 2024

For some reason the new default board filter "Label" is not available on all of my boards with these new features. The others are there, just not "Label". Is there a way to configure those that I missed?

Monica Morris January 26, 2024

@Eoin Is there a way to easily see a Sprint ID from the Backlog view in the Enhanced Backlog? One of my users is asking about this - apparently they were previously able to hover over the 3 dots (...) where the move/edit sprint options were to see the Sprint ID, but cannot do that anymore with the Enhanced Backlog.

Apologies if this question has been asked & answered on this thread already, I just didn't have time to go through 19 pages lol.

Jason Jones February 13, 2024

@Eoin Please bring back the ability to print cards, give me a workaround, or give me the option to revert back to the 'old' version.  While it's not a feature we used daily, it is one we used frequently and it seems totally ridiculous to have to pay hundreds of dollars per month for a plugin.

Brian Handscomb February 13, 2024

So when creating an issue I used to normally just click one of the create an issue buttons and I'd get a NICE edit view with plenty of space. Now it's just a one line and only allows the title/subject which after hitting enter you can click and get a thin panel on the right...

I found a semi-workaround...

Click create issue, type a single character and enter... It comes up with an issue ID e.g. XYZ-12345... I type that into the top of the page search box, hit enter, and I've got the full story view with a nice wide area for editing the description (like had before)... Most fields are still in a thin sidebar rather than the nice create/edit view there was before.... The old version was so much better IMHO...

Judah February 26, 2024

Any timeline for this functionality being intro'd in Data Center? @Eoin 

Gwendolyn Loomis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2024

Can we please have the version panel on the kanban board view, in addition to the backlog?  I am much more likely to want to see which issues are assigned to which version on the board than on the backlog.  We use our board to manage multiple versions simultaneously for different applications, so I need to switch back and forth between different versions to monitor in-progress issues.

Martin Fronek April 10, 2024

I noticed that with this feature, the inline adding in the backlog section is now gone. :/ As for my feedback, looks like a huge step backwards :/ For a long time, the only problem with Jira as compared to other tools used to be the lack of inline adding when creating project drafts with massive amounts of issues and only then adding the details and I was happy to see that this was resolved a couple years ago, but now it's back to this sloooow way of doing things, at least in the backlog section. :/

Like Juan Miguel Sansinenea likes this
Emilie Ho
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2024

Is the inline issue creation gone from the backlog?!

I just logged in to my Jira without having changed anything in the settings and when I'm in the backlog, clicking "create issue" doesn't allow me to create issues inline, it opens a popup modal instead. It is incredibly slow and the update has made my workflow even slower. How do I bring it back?

Like Juan Miguel Sansinenea likes this
Brian Handscomb April 11, 2024

Noticed the new old behaviour today... For properly creating and filling in issues this has just improved my workflow rather than havine to bounce between views... Looks like this is one of those things where you can't please everyone...

Juan Miguel Sansinenea April 11, 2024

I 100% agree with Emilie Ho here. Inline creation of issues was perfect for my workflow and this popup thing really slows me down :/ Considering the popup remains accessible from the big blue 'Create' button on the top bar and that we now have NO ACCESS to the inline creation of issues, could we consider reverting? Thanks a mill!

Brian Handscomb April 11, 2024

Seems to have been flip-flopping between the two behaviours almost like there's some A/B testing going on. This isn't the only change but perhaps the most noticable...

Ross Dickinson April 23, 2024

"The browser search function (ctrl-f/cmd-f) will now only search the portion of your board and backlog that is visible on your screen. To search the entire board and backlog, you can use the Search filter located to the left of the filter bar on the top of each page. Once you locate your issue you can perform common actions through the card context menu or by right-clicking on the card. If you would like to change the position of the issue relative to other issues, you must select the card and then Clear the filters using the button in the filter bar. Your page will be automatically scrolled to the topmost selected issue. "

This is terrible UX. Removing the *easy* ability to use ctrl+f in the browser to find data that you already have is one of the worst things about modern web design. It's one thing if you're dynamically loading data in an infinte-scrolling scenario, but that's not what the Jira backlog is doing. These are simple divs that should not cause someone's browser to choke, even with several thousand items.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events