👋 👀 Check out 6 usability improvements to Jira Software Cloud — and a sneak peek at what’s next!

61 comments

Neill B March 31, 2023

Nice new features, but I am still frustrated daily by the last changes to the Create Issue form, it takes more clicks and moving my hands around to do my daily work. I do a lot more exasperated sighing than I used to

Elizabeth Sankey March 31, 2023

I have the same issue as @Richard Smart -- our backlog view doesn't seem to look the same as the gif detailing the updating Epic improvement. Is this a specific project type?

Like Richard Smart likes this
Richard Smart March 31, 2023

I dropped an email to Atlassian support this morning & already had a reply, so they are looking into it.  I will post up their reply (perhaps its something around how we have our project(s) setup currently - although I definitely have a Backlog view - just looks very different to the one in the example!)

Once I get a reply, I will post it up on this thread so you know @Elizabeth Sankey 

Like Elizabeth Sankey likes this
Elizabeth Sankey March 31, 2023

Thanks @Richard Smart ! Appreciate it.

Richard Smart March 31, 2023

Hey @Elizabeth Sankey - looks like these feature changes have not been rolled out to everyone yet

Maybe the original author @Liron can update his document to say "its still being rolled out" from its "already been released", along with an ETA of when rollout will be completed for all paying customers?

Here is the response I received from Delfino Rosales at Jira:

You're right, I was able to confirm that the quick epic update from the issue backlog view has not rolled into your instance.

I see that there is still a small percentage of instances where this feature has not kicked in yet and so far the epic can be updated from the details view that appears on the right side once you select an issue in the backlog view.
See this.

I know this might not be the answer you wanted to read from your side but I was not able to find an ETA as to when this change will roll up to 100% of the cloud instance.
I'll make sure to flag your report to our internal teams for review and as of now I just ask for your patience and allow some time for this change to roll into your cloud environment.

Like # people like this
Mateusz Skalski March 31, 2023

I'm still missing the ability to rerank child items when reranking parents, which was present in Jira Portfolio. The amount of manual work to be done, when reranking Scenarios is huge (manually reranking all Features and Epics and Stories). It also caused several, hard-to-find issues with the plan.

I understand it could lead to confusion if someone reranks high-level without impacting developers, but honestly, I don't see a use case. If I rerank a high-level story, I want this change to be reflected in the development priorities, by reranking children higher.

At least make it an option, please.

Dipak Naokar April 2, 2023

Hello Atlassian team,

Any update on this topic ( some users are waiting from 2011).

This would result in improved user experience .

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-25386

Dipak Naokar April 2, 2023

Hello Atlassian team,

Any update on this topic ( some users are waiting from 2009).

This would result in improved user experience .

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-18207

Richard Smart April 3, 2023

both of those feature requests are no brainers @Dipak Naokar - surprised after all this time they still aren't adopted!  Have voted for both

Like Dipak Naokar likes this
Geetanjali Sharma April 3, 2023

Great!! when can we expect these features on JIRA cloud...

Karin van Driel April 18, 2023

@Liron - I love the feature where parents can be updated directly in the backlog issues view. Is this only for Team Managed projects, or will this also be added for Company Managed projects? If the latter, any ideas on when this may be rolled out?

Richard Smart April 18, 2023

@Karin van Driel this is the response I got from Atlassian that it is indeed only for TEAM managed software projects & not Company ones.  

The article does not make this clear - what a disappointment

Karin van Driel April 19, 2023

@Richard Smart - thanks, that's definitely a shame. We cannot use Team Managed projects for our Technology teams, as we need a common standard for alignment and reporting, as well for using Advanced Roadmaps. It would be nice if this feature rolled out to Company Managed projects also, guess we can but hope :) 

Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2023

@Richard Smart @Karin van Hoey hold on, that's not 100% correct :) 

It is true right now that the inline editing features you see in Team Managed Projects are only there,.... BUT!!! Guess what, we are bringing the same front end of Team Managed Projects for Boards and Backlogs into Company Managed Projects!

This means not only more modern look and feel but also a lot of improvements and efficiencies such as this one to be available across all project types.

We have just started rolling out early access to the new Boards and Backlogs in Company Managed Projects - would you want the ability to turn that on and give us your feedback?

Here's the relevant community article and the link to sign up :)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Try-the-enhanced-Jira-board-and-backlog-before-everyone-else/ba-p/2331946

Cheers!

Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2023

@Richard Smart is it possible you are part of "Release Tracks"? Some companies chose to not get changes daily but rather bunched up, which means it will take a little more time for you to get all the changes, but they are on their way! Could you check with your admin?

Liron
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2023

@Neill B I would love to hear more about the Create Issue problem you mentioned, would you like to book some time to chat? https://calendly.com/ldeutsch/jira-software-customer-chat

feel free to email me at ldeutsch@atlassian.com if you cannot find a slot and we will find one together :) 

Liron
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2023

@Geetanjali Sharma these changes are in Jira Software Cloud. Which Jira are you referring to? 

Liron
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2023

@Richard Smart is it possible you were looking in company managed projects? Please see previous reply I wrote about how to get these changes to those projects too :) 

Liron
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2023

@Andrew Laden Thank you - I have changed the name of the article! 

Liron
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2023

@Alex Dokhtiar 

It is true right now that the inline editing features you see in Team Managed Projects are only there,.... BUT!!! Guess what, we are bringing the same front end of Team Managed Projects for Boards and Backlogs into Company Managed Projects!

This means not only more modern look and feel but also a lot of improvements and efficiencies such as this one to be available across all project types.

We have just started rolling out early access to the new Boards and Backlogs in Company Managed Projects - would you want the ability to turn that on and give us your feedback?

Here's the relevant community article and the link to sign up :)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Try-the-enhanced-Jira-board-and-backlog-before-everyone-else/ba-p/2331946

Cheers!

Liron
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2023

@Dipak Naokar thanks for referencing those two JAC tickets.

I am finding out details about this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-25386

With regards to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-18207 , I know there's work to re-imagine the entire Dashboard experience so new great things are coming, which may mean work on the existing Gadgets may not happen. I will get the PM in this space to update the ticket ASAP.

will get back to you!

L

Liron
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2023

@Mateusz Skalski I have passed on your question to the relevant Product Manager. Same for what you raised @Shweta Dhakad .

Cheers,

Liron

Karin van Driel April 28, 2023

Thanks @Liron , I've signed up! :) 

Neill B April 28, 2023

@LironThanks, I'll have to get back to you regarding making time for a chat (no webcam or microphone here) but I described my issues in more detail here, with screenshots in the comments. I have gotten more used to some things since then, but it was still quicker the old way...

jack
Atlassian Team
April 30, 2023

👋🏻 @Jozef Benikovský Jira mobile Product Manager here. 

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciated. We designed the new sections to remember their state before closing the issue. This choice will be remembered the next time you open an issue. The goal is to reduce the need for scrolling to the most commonly viewed fields.

If you prefer scrolling on a single list, you can long-press one section's title to expand or collapse all sections simultaneously. Again we will remember this selection.

If you have more specific feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Cheers,

Jack 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events