Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

New Issue Creation Page FRUSTRATIONS [New view] [formatting] ["streamlined"]

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, maybe someone can show me what I'm missing. After being forced into the new Issue Creation view, I've tried to give it a chance but there are a few annoying things about it - and there are 3 especially frustrating changes:

- Tab from Summary field now goes through all formatting buttons before description, so now I either have to press tab 16 times, or move my hands and use the mouse :\

- Removing the quick-and-easy # key to create numbered lists feature, so now I have to type the steps up then select them again to format them

- The link next to the "Create another issue" now links to a list of all recently-created issues instead of the one I just created, causing more extra steps in my workflow now

I'm also getting a bug where file uploads always fail, so I have to create the report then open it again and attach the file to it, which is made more annoying by that third issue above.

There are some other annoying niggles and bugs but these are the ones that are really winding me up every time I have to write a bug report now. I used to be able to effortlessly create lots of reports, in a straight line (i.e. I didn't need to type the text then go back over it to format the numbered lists), tabbing through fields with a few keystrokes, without moving my hands from the keyboard. Just wondering if anyone else is as peeved as me, I'm dreading having to create a couple of thousand bug reports using this system.

2 answers

The changes to formatting and removing the quick-and-easy old formatting method have made it extra annoying when I make a typo and go back to fix it >:(

Example:

- I go to type "**Expected behaviour:**" but I accidentally miss the first asterisk

- Normally I would simply press HOME to return to the start of the line and type the asterisk, problem solved

- Now, the text has already automatically updated to italics and removed the asterisks

- Now I have to select the whole text, undo the italics then redo the bold formatting

- It also keeps the bold formatting for text written after the colon, so I have to select that again and turn off the bold

It sounds like a small thing but if I write a dozen reports a day, 5 days a week, all these annoying little changes have made it really annoying trying to do things which were previously very simple and fun.

The "Close Issue" page still has the old formatting buttons layout, that was so much better, pressing Tab just goes straight to the text entry field and not through each button.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events