Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail rule

Juan Carlos Cardenas Padilla December 28, 2021

Good afternoon

Could you tell me how I can create an automation rule ...

I need that the emails that arrive to jira have a person in charge
So I need to create a rule to put that person in charge.

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2021

I assume be “in charge” you mean Assignee? What will you use to determine who will assigned the issue? If it is a single person fro all issues then you can avoid automation and simply set the person as the project lead and default all issue to them. There are other means to handle default assignees but I will need more info on your situation.

Juan Carlos Cardenas Padilla December 28, 2021

I need something like this:

automation - rules - create rule

Incident created +? + assign issue (load balanced)

What would be the condition (Question sign) and how is it created so that these emails are assigned to that balanced load ?

Thanks 

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2021

Hi @Juan Carlos Cardenas Padilla

Create a new rule that sends an email when it's assigned.  The first rule will run and then call the one I just mentioned.

To lean how to send customized email go here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Jira-Automation-Video-Tutorial-on-how-to-send-customized-emails/ba-p/1861508

Regards

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2021

It sounds like you simply want to assign issues to your team in a load balanced manner? Assuming so consider this…

• trigger - issue created
  • action - Assign issue and select Assign to a member of a list or group. From there you will be then offered choice of Load Balanced, Round-robin and Random.

Note you can use a group to define the team to load balance.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events