Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create automatic incident by incoming webhook

Jorge V July 23, 2021

Hello everybody I got this problem. I want to create an automatic incident with dynamic summary and description, but I don't know how to set the fields in the JSON body.

I took the json from documentation: 

{    
"update": {
        "description": {
            "set": "a new description"
        },
        "labels": [{
                "add": "test-label"
        }]
    },
    "fields": {
        "summary": "woohoo! a new summary"
    }
}

But I got not nothing in the incident created. Even I got an error in the logs, looks like this: 

foto2.PNG

And my incident settings is this: 

foto1.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Eric
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2021

Hi @Jorge V 

Can you share a bit more details about the rule you're trying to implement? In particular I'm interested in knowing what the trigger is.

Looks like you're getting an error because for Summary and Description you chose to copy from "Current issue" (Indicencia actual), but there is no actual issue to be copied from.

Eric

Jorge V July 28, 2021

Sure, that is what I don't understand, how I create an incident from 0?

What I need is send to my endpoint a POST request with a body that includes summary and description, but I only have two options to set, and neither appears as a dynamic summary/descrption option:

Captura.PNG

Eric
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2021

Hi @Jorge V 

Some follow up questions:
1. With the incident that you want to create, what are the values you want to set for summary and description? (Where are you getting these values from?)

2. I'm also not following the bit about sending a POST to your endpoint. What endpoint are you talking about? This action will create an issue (and in the process will make the POST to the create issue endpoint).

Eric

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events