Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get a list of all custom fields and options for SLA?

Stephanie Bannister January 19, 2021

Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 13.05.09.pngScreenshot 2021-01-19 at 13.05.14.pngScreenshot 2021-01-19 at 13.16.57.pngHi There

I would like to be able to get a list of all the custom fields I have specified and all the available options and how exactly i have to write them to be able to write SLA conditions. I can view all fields but there is no way to see in the admin/custom fields section what options are attached to each field.

Here's my problem:

I have next-gen projects and trying to setup SLAs based on a Custom Field I have added to each request type.

The Custom Field is called "Request Classification" and is a checkbox field type.

The options I have to select from are:

EnquiryTS, EnquiryBIOINFO, CaseTS, CaseBIOINFO, Complaint, Feedback.

If I try to enter the custom field in the SLA I get autocomplete options for "Request Classification" and all the options I have for this custom field. However, none of my queries are being accepted. I get a message that the option does not exist, or the operator is not valid.

example:

"Request Classification" = "EnquiryTS"  --> "The option "EnquiryTS" for Field Request Classification does not exist.

I also notice that i need to use "issuetype" to be able to select my defined request types instead of "Request type" which I find confusing. Is this a next gen project issue?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2021

Hi @Stephanie Bannister

I just tried it for a next-gen Service Management project with a new custom  field "Request Classification" of type "Checkbox" but it works just fine:

grafik.png

Please note that for a custom field in a next-gen project you will not be able to see it from custom fields overview - because they just "live" in the created next-gen project.

That leaves me wondering if there is a doubled field present of if the project you are using is a classic one? The selection you showed above, indeed, clearly indicates it is a next-gen project.

You are right, the options can be shown in "request types" - as your screenshot shows for "Request classification" (the last one).

Does the error also come up without autocompletion?

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Brent Thayer January 19, 2021

Your Query seems simple. What could help with your Query is to write it in "Basic" under Advanced Issue Search. Once you select your options switch to basic and copy and paste the JQL into your SLA configuration. This may help you see what you are missing in the JQL. Just an idea. 

Stephanie Bannister January 20, 2021

Thankyou for this tip. I am not familiar with Advanced Issue Search or writing in Basic and what this means practically. I will look into this though!

Cheers

Steph

Brent Thayer January 20, 2021

Ok got ya! 

1. In Jira you should see a search bar at the top right of the screen, when you click into it a box will drop down. You should see Advance Issue Search.

2. After you select Advanced Issue Search you should see the below snap shot: Advanced Search.pngThis is where you will see the JQL. But for now, switch to Basic as shown in the screen shot. Once you are done making your selections, switch back to Advanced to see the JQL. From here you can see the correct way to write your Query and even copy and paste it into your SLA.

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events