Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to customers after domain verification?

Petr A February 21, 2023

Dear community!

How do you think, what happens to customers after domain verification?

We have users with license with domain test.com and customers without licence also with domain test.com

After verification domain and adding to managed users all users and customers, what heppens? Will they all (customers+users) recieve notification and become a users? 

Thanks in advance!)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2023

Hi @Petr A 

This will depend on your domain approved configuration 

- If products are selected to be deployed to every new user from this domain, everyone will get the license 

- If this is not the case, and the configuration is not providing licenses, and this is manual, portal customer without licenses wont have any new license. 

TO check this use this kb https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/control-how-users-get-access-to-products/

Petr A February 21, 2023

Hi @Patricia Francezi 

Yes, we disabled all licenses much in advance) Only manually) Thanks!

Do I understand correctly that all users who previously logged into the portal under client accounts will now receive a notification that their account has been transferred to an Atlassian account, and they will need to create a name&password again?

Like Patricia Francezi likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2023

HI @Petr A 

They will be invited, and need to create a new pwd. The access will remain using their email (or SSO if you are using Atlassian Access to connect).

Its not a big deal.

My suggestion is that you communicate earlier to your company, what will happen and how, so they will be prepared for this in advance.

I hope this helps!

Petr A March 2, 2023

My guess is that the customers will be automatically added incorrectly. Customers are a separate entity and they need to be invited into the system as users separately.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events