Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchers don't receive emails when a comment is posted

Maroline Johnson January 19, 2023

Hi all!

I am struggling to get email notifications to work when a comment is posted on an issue. I want a notification to go out to all of the issue watchers. 

I've checked the notification scheme, and at the Issue Commented event, All Watchers should get a notification. 

What may stick out here is that I'm specifically interested in comments posted from a certain user that is used for an integration with Zendesk. 

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2023

Hello @Maroline Johnson 

Do the watchers of the issue receive notification for other comments on the issue?

Have you tried using the Notification Helper to confirm Jira is correctly configured so that a specific Watcher, who has no other relationship to the issue or roles or groups assigned the Issue Commented notification, for a specific issue would receive the notification? That is something only a Jira Admin can do.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-jira-admin-helper/

Maroline Johnson January 19, 2023

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

Thank you for your help! I used the Notification Helper and found the issue! The users who were not getting notifications had email updates for when they're watching the issue turned off. 

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events