cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to Link Jira Service Management Issue to Jira Software Project

Muhammad Moazzam Hassan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2022

I have a situation where the customer opens a ticket on my JSM for a new Development Project. I cannot create or track the new project on JSM because JSM doesn't have the functionality which Jira Software have. I want to link the customer ticket to the Complete Jira Software Project, Can it be possible? or is there any better approach or suggestions?

3 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Julien Béchade October 14, 2022

Hi Muhammad,

@John Funk is right, Automation is your friend here.

What we've done at our company is use the "Escalated" state to trigger a rule that will clone the JSM ticket to a JSW project of our choice then add a "Clones" link with the reference to the cloned JSM ticket.

Furthermore, we've created several other rules to bind the lifecycle of the cloned ticket to the one in our JSW project so the customer is aware of the progress made to her/his escalated ticket.

This might look different to what you want to achieve but, in essence, I think it's what you need.

Cheers.

Julien.

Andy Ramirez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 26, 2023

Hi Julien, 

I was wondering if, by chance, you would have any pictures of how this is set up that I could reference too. We are looking for something along these lines where we want the customer to be able to look at their project status.

My only question is, is there a way for a customer to be able to see it, even if we remove permissions for everyone to see it? In short, is there a way that they can still see that specific issue without having permission to the whole project board?

I do apologize as my organization just started to use this and I had to learn from scratch to be able to build it. 

Take care, 
Andy

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2022

Hi Muhammad,

Sure, you can do that with an Automation for Jira rule. Create a rule with an Issue Created trigger.  Then add any Conditions needed.

Then add a new action for Create Issue. There you can identify the JSW project to create the new issue in. 

Finally, add a Branch for the most recent created issue. Then add a new action for Link Issue to Trigger issue. 

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 17, 2022

@Muhammad Moazzam Hassan John & Julien has provided you with an answer to your question. There is also another option for linking Jira SM Issue to Jira project, but it involves a 3rd party solution - connectors. You can check the marketplace. In case you're open to the idea of using such a solution, i'd like to propose taking a look at ZigiOps. It's a no-code solution that can connect the two Jira instances bi-directionally and sync them. This happens quite fast and you'll have your issue linked to the respective project in no time. ZigiOps can be customized in accordance with the use case scenarios. Feel free to explore the connector and if you think it might be useful - book a short demo meeting just to see how it works.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave team)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events