Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users showing up in the "search for issues" search field

Alexander Westergård May 17, 2024

Hi, 

I have a rather sensitive customer that realised that when you for example type the JQL in the search bar "reporter = xxx" it gives you suggestions for users. Some of the users that show up are external Customers in one certain jira project and some of the technicians say that this is "sensitive" information. 

Is there any way to control this by project? 

1 answer

0 votes
Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2024

Hi @Alexander Westergård 

thank you for your question.

The possibility to find users is controlled by the global permission Browse users and groups

This can not be changed on a project base.

But I'm not quite sure if I fully understand the problem: Do you have customers using your JSM projects with agent view? If so, this might be the problem?

Sebastian Hellbom
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2024

I can reply to this since I'm also involved with this issue. The problem is this:

"User A" (normal JSM Agent) does not have access to "Project A".

In Project A there exists a lot of External customers which User A should not be able to see.

But when User A does a JQL-search using "reporter = ..." Jira then shows a list of all Customers, even those that only exist in Project A, a project which User A hs no access to.

Why?

Can this be limited?

Is there any documentation regarding this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events