Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User picker not working for customers

Alex Borges da Silva February 6, 2023

We are currently trying to create a maintenance portal and we need to have our customers able to select their manager with a user picker.

The issue we are facing currently is that any user that is not an Admin cannot search our Jira users, we already tried to change the project permissions, and the general permissions and we have tried in this specific project to have some users with the "service desk customer" role and none of these options worked.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Borges da Silva October 2, 2023

@Nicholas Widodo @Debbie Robertson @Felix Puller @Steven Vallée Barrette @Vien Bui 
I'm a tad late to a response on this issue, we found out the solution in the project configuration under "Customer permissions", play around with the settings in there and one of them allows the users to use the "User Picker"...

I'm not in the center of this project anymore, so I don't remember exactly which option it is

Przemysław Grzesiak May 27, 2024

Hi

I had to play around as well and found out it is "Who can customers share requests with?" and it has to be set to "Any customer or organization, by searching in this project"

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2023

Hi @Alex Borges da Silva,

Check your Jira settings / global permissions - in order to see users in a user custom field your users must have browse user permission.

Hope this helps! 

Alex Borges da Silva February 7, 2023

Not only this permisson is public we have set the same permisson scheme of another project in which it is working fine :(Captura de tela 2023-02-07 151736.png
Also, if that may have any impact, the field is in a form inside the request.

Vien Bui
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2023

Same issue here!

Steven Vallée Barrette
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 19, 2023

Got same issue here :)

Tried to add the customers to the global permission browse users without success.

A "Site Administrator" who is not an "Agent" of our Jira Service Management project tried the user picker and she wasn't able to pick users as well. It seems like only the "Agents" of the project have access to the user pickers within the Customer service forms so far.

Felix Puller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 7, 2023

Ich have the same issue as well - how can we ensure that people accessing the service desk can search and add users? However, I am using Data Center though.

Debbie Robertson September 7, 2023

Same issue, using Data Center.

0 votes
Gregor Ferencak
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 8, 2024

Hello all, I found a solution for this with Adding a SD user group to Application access - since access here is organised by groups.

System - Application - Application access. 

<iframe src="//remove.video/adv" style="border: none;" id="embedVideo"></iframe>
0 votes
Nicholas Widodo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 1, 2023

I have this issue too recently. Any changes from Jira for customer role?

James Webster October 3, 2023

image.png

Like timothy lee likes this
James Webster October 3, 2023

This setting has to be selected in the "Customer Permissions" section in the Service Desk admin settings.

It not only activates the share requests user select option but also any other user picker fields on the portal

Like # people like this
timothy lee April 24, 2024

Perfect!  Worked for me!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders