Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some incoming email messages are not created as requests after upgrade to v4.17.1

Mario Toncer July 27, 2021

Greetings,

I've had several users reporting an issue not being automatically created via an incoming email message.
The reports started coming in after the Jira instance was upgraded in the following manner:

• Jira Core 8.5.0 -> Jira Core 8.13.9 -> Jira Core 8.17.1
  • Jira Software 8.5.0 -> Jira Software 8.13.9 -> Jira Software 8.17.1
  • Jira Service Desk 8.5.0 -> Jira Service Desk 8.13.9 -> Jira Service Management 8.17.1

Other specifications:

• Linux environment
  • On-premise Jira instance
  • JSM open to public requests

----

Report 1

The problem manifests itself in this manner

• Email received from client.
    • Client was replying to an existing issue
    • JSM agent team is notified via Slack (custom automation rules for Slack) that a new issue has been opened with ticket ID ISD-2081.
    • ISD-2081 is an already existing issue which is tied to another customer account (different reporter).
    • Jira Slack message is noted, as well as an email message notifying the Jira SM team.
  • Email log checked, it is evident the email was not processed properly as it is missing from the email log.

Expected behaviour

• Jira email handler should have added a new comment on the issue the customer was replying to (ISD-2086) based on the incoming email message.

----

Report 2

The problem manifests itself in this manner

• Email received from client.
    • Email should have opened up a new Jira request
    • JSM agent team is notified via Slack (custom automation rules for Slack) that a new issue has been opened with ticket ID ISD-2082.
    • ISD-2082 is an already existing issue which is tied to another customer account (different reporter).
    • Jira Slack message is noted, as well as an email message notifying the Jira SM team.
  • Email log checked, it is evident the email was not processed properly as it is missing from the email log.

Expected behaviour

• Jira email handler should have created a new Jira request (ticket, ISD-2095) based on the incoming email message.

----

I'm having trouble isolating the issue since it happens sporadically.
I've looked through existing bug reports but have not found a similar issue to mine.

Hoping for insights into as to where and how I can track down the culprit.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events