Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search bar isnt´t working properly

Dominik Březina April 29, 2022

Greetings!

In Jira there is ever present Search Bar which is great for fast search through system. Unfortunately the search logic really gets me.

Scenario number 1

We searched for certain Issues that belong to a specific delivery. However as you can see on first picture Search Bar isn´t capable to find any Issues with the specified string. As you can see, there are several Issues that contain this string in their summary.

Scenario number 2

I played with string a bit and figured out, there is a case which is able to find these Issues. However I don´t get why SearchBar is more successful when I give it LESS information.

I consider this as a bug which makes Search Bar unreliable feature.

Or is there something I can do with it?

Search error1.jpgSearch error 2.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dominik Březina May 10, 2022

Finally found out this is a bug :)
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-78115 

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

Hi @Dominik Březina ,

I tried to create the same scenario. Initially I had the same issue as per your description, then, I performed a refresh of the page and it worked :

Immagine.png

Could you try?

Fabio

Dominik Březina April 29, 2022

Greetings @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ ,

applied you steps. Only 1 Issue out of 6 was found :/

Search Bar error 3.jpg

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

In my opinion is due to reindexing issue. Try to reindex your single project and try again

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events