Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLAs Goal JQL limitations

Nick Nader - Isos Technology
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2022

Why does it seem that the new SLA configuration UI doesn't allow us to leverage some of the basic fields available to JQL? For some reason it is only allowing me to specify requests to associate SLA goals to with the "Ticket Category" which is part of the ITSM Template reflecting ITIL components (i.e. Problem, Incident, Change, Service Request).

However, like in this instance, if I add a new issue type to the project, create a request type out of it, and add that request type to the "Ticket Category" such as another type of Incident, the SLA does NOT associate with issues of that new type. (This seemingly only happens if I create an issue of the new type from the internal side, the SLA does associate if I open it via the new Request Type using the new Issue Type) This seems to be a bug, but I also am concerned that anyone trying to configure SLAs at more granularity than "Ticket Category" will run into major JQL limitations.

"Request.type" which is also usually available via JQL is said to not exist as well when attempting to use that as an association for SLA Goals.

Anyone have an explanation for this?

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 3.23.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-22 at 3.22.35 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2022

Hey @Nick Nader - Isos Technology ,

are you sure you need to use the . notiation? I've actually never used it like that and always just use the "issuetype" or "Request Type" fields in my JQL's.

image.png

image.png

that works fine for me.. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events