Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA doesn't trigger when ticket is auto-assigned from portal

Lois Graham January 10, 2022

I have an SLA rule meant to identify if a ticket is assigned within 10 minutes of creation. It works for tickets that do not auto-assign but if a Request Type is given an assignee value upon creation, the SLA doesn't trigger.

Goal 10m "all remaining issues"

Conditions: Issue Created

Finish counting: Assignee changed, Assignee from Unassigned, Entered status Rsolved

2 answers

1 vote
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Can you post your JQL for the offending SLA? You likely need to make a change to it.

If you have something like "AND assignee IS NOT EMPTY" -or- "AND assignee NOT IN (name1,name2,name3)"  in the JQL, that would be the issue. Somehow you are requiring the assignee be unassigned in the SLA.

Since this is in the Cloud, I don't have a full JQL statement available to me. It just says "All Remaining Issues".

0 votes
Aashutosh Kumar January 10, 2022

Hi @Lois Graham 

You can set SLA like below

TIME GOAL: 10M
JQL=assignee is EMPTY

Start counting time when = Issue created

Finish counting time when = Assignee: From Unassigned, Assignee: Changed

I think I tried that but I'm not sure what to do about the "all remaining issues" goal that is also created (that I cannot remove).

you can set blank target for  "all remaining issues" 

Ahh ... yeah I didn't think about BLANK targets.

I created the rule and then put in a ticket. Before it is assigned, the "Time to Assigned" SLA is counting down.

Once I assign it though, the "time to assigned" SLA metric disappears from the ticket's view.

Great to hear this, Please mark the answer Solved, if it solved your query.

Lois Graham January 11, 2022

It didn't solve it though ... it causes the SLA metric to disappear from the ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events