SLA breached with Waiting for Customer

Barış Özer January 18, 2023

Hello everyone,

I have an SLA breached rule for 48 hours as shown in the appendix.

When I set it to "Waiting for Customer" status, all the rules work correctly.

I have a question.

When I get "on hold" from "Waiting for Customer" status, SLA time stops, TRUE YES.

When I change from "on hold" status to "waiting for customer" status, the SLA period does not continue.

I want this; The SLA period must continue. How can I do it?

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

@Barış Özer ,

FYI, by adding more info as Answers here it will cause delays or a total miss from Community assistance. The reason for this is that most Community members Monitor posts without any replies. In the future, it would be best to edit your existing post. Once community members start responding with answers then you can clarify using the Reply button.

Now to your question...

So it seems that you may have multiple questions here? It seems your first question is related to pausing and restarting the SLA. Specifically, it seems that you wish to pause the SLA when it transitions to On hold. Is this the case? If so you should add on hold to your pause condition.

It also seems that you are trying to change the SLA goal based on transitions of the issue. I'm not really sure what you were trying to achieve here put my initial reaction is that this is not feasible. I do not believe that you can dynamically change the SLA goal based on issue transitions. Meaning you can't set a goal to say 30 minutes initially and then change it to 10 minutes based on some future transition.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

the reason I saw this was because you tagged me in another post.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2023

@Barış Özer ,

Please use "Reply" not Answer.

Q: Will the process continue when "Pending" and "Issue is Linked" status is changed to "Waiting for Customer" status?

A: The JQL in your Goals has nothing to do with when the SLA Starts/Pauses/Stops. I think you are confused on how the SLAs work or either I'm confused. Here is a Guide on SLAs - what-are-slas-and-where-can-i-see-them-in-my-service-desk . On that page you'll see several related articles Will walk you through creating well formed SLAs.

Bottomline...

You control when an SLA starts/stops/pauses in the Conditions section. You control the SLA period under the Goals section.

By the way, I am unclear how the automation fits in here.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2023

@Barış Özer , did you make progress on this? Did my response help?

Barış Özer January 25, 2023

Hi @Jack Brickey 

First of all, sorry for using the community wrong..

My question is;

While in SLA, I want it to continue again after the SLA time has stopped.

Example; SLA started with "Waiting for Customer" status. It was on "Pending" status and the SLA stopped.
Now when I change it from "Pending" status to "Waiting for Customer" status, I want the SLA to continue.

I wrote JQL as below, it works correctly. Do you think JQL right? Can you tell me if there is any mistake?image.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2023

Hi @Barış Özer , no worries!

I think that the conditions you illustrate (copied from your initial post) are all you need to start/pause/re-start/stop as you have outlined. For example, if we assume an issues transitions as follows - > Waiting for customer > Pending > Waiting for customer > Pending > Waiting for customer > Issue is linked > Resolved, then the SLA will behave as follows - START > PAUSE > RESUME > PAUSE > RESUME > PAUSE > STOP.

image.png

I do not thing you want this JQL in your goals at all. The JQL in Goals should not deal with transitions at all. Typically goals are based on things like: issue Priority, Organizations, Custom fields, etc. in your goals you have two 10m goals the first being conditional and the second for everything else. The results are that everything will be at 10m. Do you want the SLA duration to be different under certain conditions? If so what conditions?

2023-01-25_08-04-07.jpg

Barış Özer January 25, 2023

@Jack Brickey 

Yes yes right! (:

I've tested it before but SLA start > stop didn't happen..

Have a different question? Can you help?

Barış Özer February 2, 2023

Hi @Jack Brickey 

Hi again, can you help different question?

0 votes
Barış Özer January 23, 2023

Is the JQL I wrote correct?

Will the process continue when "Pending" and "Issue is Linked" status is changed to "Waiting for Customer" status?image.png

0 votes
Barış Özer January 19, 2023

is this true rule?

image.png

Barış Özer January 19, 2023

The JQL query I posted above did not work correctly.

I want as above but the SLA period must continue.

Help please

Barış Özer January 23, 2023

Someone here? :'(

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders