Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict portal group to specific jira members

Gary Quay July 27, 2021

Hi All ,

have a request to create a portal group for Onboarding and off boarding for specific groups of users which can view and submitted the request not sure if anyone have that experience 

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2021

Hi @Gary Quay

adding to what Benjamin said there is currently no option to assign permissions to a portal group but (like Benjamin explained) to a project via Permission Schemes and Issue Security.

There has been a similar thread last year which explains it a bit more in detail:

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2021

Hi @Gary Quay ,

You can limit viewing and submitting tickets by using permission scheme and issue level security.  I'm not sure if you need to use JSM for your current purpose. You may just use Jira work management since you are limiting to a set of Jira members. Usually, JSM is use to server company wide like IT, Helpdesk, etc.

Hope this helps.

Gary Quay July 27, 2021

thanks ben , as I am quite new to JSM . Do you actually have any link or guides I can mirror to ?

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2021

Yes. 

There's a full documentation located on Atlassian website and has a table of contents to sift through to what you are looking for. Even though its quite amount of reading material. I find it quite helpful to read through the entire documentation and work through the features and examples.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/resources/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events