Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Insight Discovery plug-in

Jarek Nalewajko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 1, 2021

Hi there,

We would like to know how Insight Discovery plug-in can be used on cloud environment. As per documentation, it's required to download discovery.zip but we only have an access of Jira panel so the download performed in local system. Is there anyway to use this plug-in from local system? I couldn't find any suitable document for this.

Another question is, which are the other plug-ins to automatically update objects of Insight object schema? Do we need to do a manual task all the time?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

The Insight Discovery app is not a "plug in", it's an application in its own right, one that you run on a local Windows or Linux machine of your own. 

It does, well, "discovery" on the network(s) you tell it to, and feeds the results into an Insight app that's been plugged into your Jira (Cloud or Server/DC)

Hemal Solgama
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2021

Thank you for the clarification. Will I get any documentation/information about this "feeds the results into an Insight app that's been plugged into your Jira (Cloud or Server/DC)". It would be really helpful.

Hemal Solgama
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 2, 2021

Okay, we managed to set-up and use this tool. But another issue is we've most of the Linux systems where we are using only SSH key to login and we don't have password set for the user (or rather we don't know the password) so in this scenario, how can we map the credentials in discovery tool.

I referred to these articles:

https://documentation.mindville.com/display/IDV215/Using+RSA+Keys

https://documentation.mindville.com/display/IDV215/Credentials

but it says to mention "sudo password" which we don't have.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events