Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal view after changing issue type from Incident to Change

Jos Blokdijk March 5, 2023

Hi, when i change the type of an incident to change, the customer is missing a lot of information on the portal side from the initial created request.

How can i solve this? What do i need to change?

View when entered by the customer in the Portal:

Incident20220305.jpg

After the issue-type is changed to Change:

change20220305.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2023

Hi @Jos Blokdijk ,

it seems that you moved your issue to a different request type. Plese verify what fields have been defined for the new request type

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/customize-the-fields-of-a-request-type/

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Hi Fabio, first of all, thank you for you quick reply!

I think they are defined. I looked at the Description and Priority field for example:

change20230305-definedfields.jpg

And in Jira Service Management (not the Portal) i have this view

change20230305-jira.jpg

Am i looking at the wrong place?

Thanks, Jos

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2023

Hey @Jos Blokdijk ,

please could you verify if the Request Type field is set on ticket JIRA side (not in the portal). For more information take a look to the following thread https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Description-field-on-My-Request-View-has-disappeared/qaq-p/1803655

Fabio 

Like Jos Blokdijk likes this

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ Thanks, that did the trick! The request type was NONE.

After changing this, the description is now visible on the Portal.

Jos

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2023
0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2023

@Jos Blokdijk -

I concurred with what @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ suggested.  Typically, when one change the issue type of an request on the backend, one will need to ensure that Request form view has the same field exposed among the different Request Type (which you already did).  You should also check the Issue View have the same field exposed too.

The Request Type of the issue in question is also a key field that one need to ensure it is correct after an original issue is changed from one issue type to another issue type.

Another thing you can do - You can create an Change request, and observe how it is being displayed in the Portal UI.  

Hope this also helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

@Joseph Chung Yin thanks, i will also check and test this!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events