Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description field on My Request View has disappeared

Marcelo Ottoni
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 13, 2021

The description field, on the screen that presents the details of the request opened by the customer, disappeared. The field was available and suddenly it disappeared.

I'm looking for a way to configure the request view screen but I haven't found it anywhere.

In some requests the field is hidden and can be viewed by clicking: Show Information

Description field disappeared.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2021

Hello @Marcelo Ottoni,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When the description is not visible on the customer request, it means that the request type is empty.

The request type is what makes the ticket visible in the portal and also is what triggers notifications for customers. 

Note that, the ticket is still visible in the portal even without a request type due to this bug.

When moving the ticket from one project to another or when changing the issue type, the request type will be empty and the description will be affected.

With this said, please, access the ticket on the agent view and select a request type.

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 09.32.33.png

Once you select one and refresh the page, you can already see the difference on the agent view, it will show a link to access the ticket from the portal and the description will show under this information.

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 09.33.32.png

Also, I want to share with you that there is a feature request suggesting improvements for that:

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Marcelo Ottoni
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 14, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz 

I change the project configuration and works.

Thanks!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events