Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Invited Customer seeing generic Atlassian Home screen

John Briscoe May 23, 2022

Setting up my new Customer Support Portal.  I created organizations and sent an invite to my first customer as a beta test.  She added her name and created a password.  When she follows the link provided, she is not presented with the Customer Portal page I created, but with a generic Atlassian Home screen with Helpful Links (Account settings, Atlassian Support, Atlassian Community, Self-managed licensing, Atlassian Documentation and Attlassian.com) and Our products (Jira Software, Confluence, Jira Service Management, Bitbucket and Statuspage). 

Is there a configuration step I overlooked?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2022

Hi John.

Did you try sending her a direct link to the portal?

John Briscoe May 23, 2022

Hi Garrett,  I have not taken that step yet.  Holding that back as a last resort.  My preference would be to use the automated email invitation feature for Customers to sign-up...and then login.  I want to avoid sending out 150 individual emails with a direct link to the portal.  

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2022

OK John...

You could add a direct link to the portal in the email that is sent to the customer. Then after they complete setting up their account, they could go back to your email and click on the portal link. You can find this is Project settings -> Customer Notifications. Then edit the Customer Invited notification...

John Briscoe May 24, 2022

Thanks Garrett.  I'll take that approach.  Appreciate the assistance!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events