Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie Alert is Not Acknloweged When Jira Service Management Ticket is Moved to Status

Callum Brown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 16, 2024

Hi, 

I've setup Opsgenie to acknowledge an alert when the corresponding JSM issue is moved to the status 'Under investigation':Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 15.13.02.png

However, the alerts in Opsgenie are not being acknowledged when moving to this status. They are also not being closed when moved to a closed stauts (with the category of Done) as needed with the 'CLOSE ALERT' rule.

Alerts are being created as needed with the first two 'CREATE ALERT' rules.

Here are the webhook settings:

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 15.16.01.png

And confirmation that the status I'm trying to move to is matched to the status in the rule:

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 15.19.07.pngScreenshot 2024-05-16 at 15.19.30.png 

Is anyone able to provide some insight on what I'm doing wrong here and confirm how we can get the Opsgenie alerts to be acknowledged when the JSM ticket is moved to this status?

1 answer

0 votes
Baleshwer Dagar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2024

Hello @Callum Brown 
Update your webhook events from issue_created / issue_updated to Jira:issue_created / Jira:issue_updated if you are using an equals condition; otherwise, use contains.

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 15.38.05.png

Callum Brown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2024

Thanks for sending this over. 

I just tried this but it made no difference. 

It's worth noting that alerts are being created without any issues and this is using "webhook event equals issue_created". 

Thanks,

Callum

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events