Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only one customer is not receiving email notificaion

Riki YAMASHITA May 23, 2021

We have added few hundreds of customers and all have received Jira welcome email. Then we have discovered that only one user is not receiving email notification when opening the ticket / add comments. Again, all other users are receiving notifications and I have not done any particular configuration for this user. Any interesting place to check?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2021

Hi @Riki YAMASHITA ,

when you say

the server is not receiving nor blocking email from Jira.

it is very likely that the case is like Esther explained - mails will be likely blocked by Cloud infrastructure because of bounces in the past.

Were you able to sort this issue out? Did the support request reveal any blocks in Cloud infrastructure?

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2021

Hi, @Riki YAMASHITA  - there are two common possibilities here. The first is that the emails are being blocked by your customer's email provider. If there are other customers at the same domain who are receiving the notifications, the user having issues should contact their messaging support team to determine if messages from your JSM's email address are being blocked.

The other possibility is that the customer's email address was causing a lot of bounces (i.e. if it didn't exist at the time the invite was sent to them.) When this happens, an address can end up on a blocked list. You'll need to contact Atlassian support and request that they check to see if this particular customer's email is being blocked on the server side.

Riki YAMASHITA May 24, 2021

Hi Esther,

I've checked the mail flow (M365) but the server is not receiving nor blocking email from Jira. One thing I should address is that this user has received welcome email when registering the account in first place.

Let me contact Atlassian support for email block.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events