Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications and Alerts

iftekhar sayyed December 28, 2021

I want to send a notification/alert to respective approvers in two different scenarios:

a) notification/alert to the approver indicating that the request created is going to expire after 2 days and needs his attention to review and approve the request.

b) notification/alert to the approver indicating  that the deadline to approve a certain request has been past due.

2 answers

2 votes
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2021

Hello @iftekhar sayyed 

Welcome to the community!!

The notifications can be sent for both scenarios using Automation. The features and templates for Automation are documented here.

Please let me know if you need guidance for setting up the Automation.

Kindly accept the answer if this helps.

iftekhar sayyed December 29, 2021

Hi @Gaurav ,

Thanks for providing that info, however I need to do this task using Jira Service Management. If this can be achieved using Jira I am good with it.

Would you mind guiding me a out how to set up the automation with a below scenario:

a) A request/task has been created in the system and has been assigned to a approver for review and approve. for e.g the task was created on 12/20 and this needs to be  approved by 12/25.

There are 2 scenarios in which the notification needs to go to the approver:

1) The current date is 12/23 and the request has yet not been approved. So there will be

notification send to the approver 2 days ahead intimating him about the pending

approval task.

2) The date is pass due and current date is 12/26 and the request has not been approved yet, A notification is send to the approver about this past due approval request.

I would really appreciate your help and support on getting this task completed.

Thanks,

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

Hello @iftekhar sayyed 

Automation is one of the latest native features available with all Jira cloud offerings. Below are the steps to reach out to the Automation tab. Please keep in mind that this would require Project Admin access, for setting up the automation rules.

• Navigate to Project Settings
  • From the left-hand panel, click on Automation

On this screen, you can create automation rules for sending notifications. Some sample notification rules are documented here.

KIndly lt me know if you need further help on this.

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events