Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification emails for any activity

pmarx October 27, 2022

Hi together, 

since some days ago we noticed that for any activity or change in the ticket a separate email will be sent to the customer. 

That is an email flood now if we add/change or fulfill the missing fields :-/ 

Is this new?

Best regards

Philipp

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

Hi @pmarx 

These kind of notifications, as you described them, should be sent only to agents and not to customers. Customers have their own notifications. Having said that I would check my customers and see if they have any JSM license. If yes, then check the group they belong to (or the role) and cross check them with the notification scheme.

If the customer doesn't hold a JSM license, then see if any automation exists (jira automation or within the workflow) which sends out notifications to the reporter and under which conditions.

And you have to cross check if that behavior (the one you describe) is happening for one customer or for many.

1 vote
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2022

Hi @pmarx 

This behavior is associated with internal notification being sent to customers, as the update event is associated to internal notifications. 

Please check this doc to guide you on how to check and "fix" 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-notifications-do-my-customers-and-service-desk-team-receive/#Internal-notifications

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events