Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Tickets from Business Board to Software Board

philipf
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2024

Hello,

Since I can't have two workflows in a business project, I am going to recreate the board that I need to have multiple workflows as a software project.

I have already seen that I can't copy the project settings from a business project to software project. I can just update the schemes and add the workflows I need myself. 

Few questions:

1. Is there any to keep the ticket numbers. I was thinking that maybe if I just create and delete the numbers that no longer exist, that will do it. SO basically starting at ticket XXX-39. I am hoping there is a cleaner way to keep the ticket numbers?

2.  I should be able to after I move the tickets to the new project, delete the old project and then change the ticket key back to the old one

- as you can see, I am trying to make this change not noticable to users.

3. Lastly, if I move tickets from one project to another, will any links still work (as I assume that Jira would know that that old link now relates to the new ticket number, but we all know what happens when you make assumptions).

Thank you for all your help

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2024

Hi Philip,

You CAN create multiple workflows for business projects (Jira Work Management projects). If your issue is that you can't see issues from multiple workflows on a Jira Work Management built-in board, then you can create a Jira Software board that shows the issues. You don't need to move the issues to a Jira Software project. 

Follow this article to see how to achieve this:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Creating-a-Second-Agile-Board-for-Team-Managed-or-JIra-Work/ba-p/2115018

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events