Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail handler - create issue when subject has key or not

Eduard Farkaš ml. April 14, 2022

Hi all,

I am experiencing difficulties with the setup for email handler.

I want to create new issue with each message, regardless of having issue key present in email subject.

I cannot find anything wrong with my setup, but when I put issue key in subject, it creates a comment to existing issue, which is is not wanted.

xxx.PNG

No other handlers are set.

Can someone tell me what is wrong? Thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2022

Hi @Eduard Farkaš ml. , 

welcome to the community. 

You've seem to run into one of the long standing open issues for jira cloud. 

Please find it here and make sure to vote / watch to receive notifications of the progress. 

Basically, if you change or remove the default handler (which you did because you have the correct handler for your case i.e."Create new issue from each mail"), it will just reset itself to the default. 

What you can do to outmanoeuvre this is create an empty (unused) folder in you mailbox and limit the scope of the default mailhandler to that folder, and create a second handler for the actual inbox of that mailbox. (or link a second unused mailbox to the default handler)

Apart from that, I don't really see why you would want this kind of setup, as replies to emails would always create new tickets and information would be spread so thin over issues I wouldn't be able to puzzle everything back together :) 

Hope this workaround can work for you. 

- Tessa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events