also issue linking is currently active

2021-09-12_112817.jpg

Farhaad_n September 12, 2021

And I have access to the linking issue in the permission schema of the project

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2021

What does the article say you have to do?

Farhaad_n September 11, 2021

Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

I am the Jira Administrator :)

I am checking everything related to links but I can't figure out problem

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2021

Administration rights mean you can administrate the system, not do whatever you feel like and ignore all the permissions and settings.

Have you worked through all the things in the document suggested?  (Also, I can't remember which one it is, so you might want to tell us to save us having to guess what it says)

Like Farhaad_n likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2021

I'm very confused now, that has nothing to do with your reported problem.

Where does the link in your screenshot take you?

I am confused too, can you see this pls

https://files.fm/f/xqng8cppa 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2021

Yeah, the software is now pointing to totally the wrong place.

It should be pointing to https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-issue-linking-938847862.html

The bit that doesn't mention is that you'll need "edit" permission on the target issue as well as the link permission you've already told us about.

actually, I am read this article before

I am accessing to hole project permission

I am sending to you

I am the "project lead", and I have an administrator role on the project

2021-09-12_222101.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2021

Is that for the source project or the target (the project containing the issue you are trying to link to)?

source project

there is nothing to open when I click on the "link", please see the movie I sended before

Think I want to link to another issue to "source project"

I cant even do that, when I click link, I got that error

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2021

OK, so what about the permissions in the target project?

Farhaad_n September 13, 2021

I think you did not get the point,

I want to link the issue to the same project that has the current issue
And it does not reach the destination project selection stage at all

Farhaad_n September 18, 2021
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2021

No, other than "we can't link your issue" is an error which occurs when you don't have permission to link or edit both issues.

Farhaad_n September 19, 2021

I have access to both issues, actually there is in the same project, and I send you hole permissions and you seen before I ham administrator of project,

so, how can help me to solve it? I am really needed, pls

Farhaad_n September 20, 2021

another thing, I can link these 2 issues from destination to source, 

but I cant link inverse

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2021

That is a textbook description of you missing link or edit permission in the destination.

Farhaad_n September 20, 2021

can another person follow this ticket pls?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2021

This is not a "ticket", it is a question in an open forum. 

I'm afraid anyone else who may volunteer to help is going to tell you much the same thing though.

The only other thing I've not mentioned though is that you may have an app preventing the linking for some reason.  I would want to check the list of installed apps for ones related to linking or permissions.

Farhaad_n September 22, 2021

no, all link is ok, another thing I recently check and I am not sure I told you before or not, I can't link issue in other projects, when other users can do it with the same permission as me

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Farhaad_n October 2, 2021

no any idea? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2021

Yep, you don't have permissions on the target issue.

Farhaad_n October 4, 2021

no, I have permission

you still didn't get the problem

target issue and source issue are in the same project

another thing, I can link issues from target to source

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2021

No, I get the problem, you are unable to link an issue to another.

Everything you describe is consistent with you not having permission to link and edit the target issue.  Or, possibly, you have an app stopping it.

Farhaad_n October 12, 2021

No, you are totally wrong

I am the administrator of the whole project, and I want link one issue from that project to another issue, there is no permission issue 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2021

I am sorry, I know this is frustrating, but it is all I can tell you.  It's just as frustrating for me, because I can't think of any other way to get this message.

The error message you are getting is happening because you don't have permission to link the target issue to the current one.  Or there is an app interfering.  I can't tell you more than that because they are the only options.

Farhaad_n October 12, 2021

I am sorry too, but its not related to permission, the first page not showing up

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2021

That is not what you have described earlier, that's different to what you've said in the question and all your comments.

Farhaad_n October 16, 2021

No, I even send you screen recorder of my page

https://files.fm/f/xqng8cppa 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2021

There's nothing there on that link.

so, it has been deleted 

when I click on "link", I got that error I send in the first question 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2021

Yes, and that error is telling you that you don't have permission to link the issue at the other end for some reason - either no permissions or there is some app blocking it.

I know I've said that before, and I know it's frustrating, but it is all we can tell you given what you've shown us so far.

Do you have any apps installed that might be blocking this?  Have you actually tested the permissions, and if so, how?

Yes I am, tell me something, please

my last URL was jira.x.com, I changed it to new-jira.x.com

anythings work fine, do you think still there is a permission error???

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2021

Yes, because you're describing a permissions problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events