Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk to Jira Software Workflow Transition Automation (Classic to Next-gen)

Kyle Yeo January 6, 2020

Is it possible to use the Automation feature in Jira Service Desk to automate a transition of the workflow status from a Classic Jira Service Desk to a Next-gen Jira Software project?

For example:

1. Classic Jira Service Desk has Issue A newly Opened
  2. Issue A (Jira Service Desk) is manually moved to "In Progress"
  3. Issue A automatically creates an issue in Next-gen Jira Software board, called Issue X via Automation 
  4. Issue X automatically updates the workflow status to "In Progress" via Automation

Is Point 3 and 4 possible? I understand this is doable in a Classic Jira Service Desk to Classic Jira Software project, but not sure if it can be from a Classic to Next-gen transition.

Both are on Cloud, just to note.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2020

Hi @Kyle Yeo 

I am not sure how one goes about it in the default automation area of Jira Service Desk, I think that is too many steps for it to handle, but it is definitely possible using the free plugin Automation Lite for Jira - See link here.

I was able to successfully to do with the following rules. 

Steps:

When: Issue Transitioned FROM Waiting for Support to In Progress.

Then: Create a new request (LEAD, TASK, Match the issue type as the original request) in Next-Gen project (one specifies the Next-Gen Project). 

And: Transition the issue to (Copy from Trigger issue). 

-Mike

Kyle Yeo January 8, 2020

Thanks @Mike Bowen, this works!

Like Mike Bowen likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events