Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira REST API

xigaha April 7, 2022

I am creating a custom service desk and using rest API to sync data with JSM cloud instance. I am using basic auth mechanism for authentication and creating customer request using raiseOnBehalf for raising their request and now I want to add customer comment using the same approach but can't find anything. Is there something I am missing

1 answer

1 vote
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2022

Hi @xigaha 

Have you tried this method? -> POST /rest/servicedeskapi/request/{issueIdOrKey}/comment 

You can refer detailed documentation around it on below link

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/api-group-request/#api-rest-servicedeskapi-request-issueidorkey-comment-post

Please try it and see if that works for you.

xigaha April 8, 2022

Yes have tried that but it by using auth token of admin the author of the comment becomes admin and there is no customer input. For creating a request there is raiseOnBehalf option but for creating comment there is nothing i could find. So is there any options for creating comments on customer behalf

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2022

Currently it is not possible to add a comment via REST Remote API on behalf of another user.

There's already a suggestion raised with Atlassian, which you can track here - Add a comment via REST API on behalf of another user  I would suggest you to vote for it and watch it for future updates. Please accept the answer, if it was helpful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events