Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Licenses

Mihai Marculescu August 25, 2022

Hello everybody,

We have bought a specific number of licenses 100 for our JSM Data Center and i have several questions:

1. These 100 are the number of agents that can be active at one moment of time? Or there are the "100 defined" agents?

2. Are the Approvers considered as agents? 

3. For a specific ticket in an UAT (User Acceptance Test) status i need to have the user acceptance before moving to Putting in Production status. If i assign the ticket to the Reporter this means that i will have to consider that Reporter as Agent and it will "cost" me one license. Correct? (if so i need to find other solution to receive this acceptance from the Reporter - like using the Comments or so)

Regards,

Mihai

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Hi @Mihai Marculescu

Regarding your questions:

1. Yes, you have 100 agent licenses that need to be assigned to users. These are not concurrent licenses.
  2. No, approvers do not need to be an agent in the project.
  3. Transitions require the user to be an agent in the project, that's correct. So maybe have a look at the workflow and add an approval to the workflow step.

Best, Max

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

A 100 user iicence means you can put up to 100 people into the application, granting them the permissions to do their job.

"Logged in users" is irrelevant, it's about how many could be active.  With a 3 user licence, I could set up Alice, Bob and Charlie as agents, but no more.  It doesn't matter whether they log in or not, their accounts are licenced agents and I've reached my limit.

Approvers do not have to be agents, they're just nominated people who can say "yes, go do this"

Only agents can be assigned issues in Jira Service Management projects.  You do "waiting for customer to do something" as part of the workflow, the agent remains the assignee.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events