Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM Cloud & email aliases

JP Woodbridge February 22, 2022

Hello,

I'm finding conflicting information on the forums about email aliases and if the alias or forwarding address is added as a requested participant. 

I have a project setup and want to receive email from multiple addresses. It appears in the cloud version there is no 'dark feature' to enable this, so I wish to use either aliases or forwarding and automation.

If the email is forwarded, or sent to an alias, is the original email meant to be added as a requested participant? If so, why would that not be happening?

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2022

@JP Woodbridge 

The information may be altered when you forward the mail and it's not possible to have the original email as the requested participant

You have below options as of now

Using group mail address is also a viable solution here

Use different projects or a mail handler to setup multiple emais

Let me know if you have any queries

Thanks

Please confirm this with your developers or senior support. Currently if I send email to one mailbox (products) which auto forwards to the mailbox used for the project (support), it DOES add the original email (products) as a requested participant.

This works 75% of the time and the remaining times does not add the requested participant. 

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2022

But it will not add the customers name as requested participant right?

That's the point 

It depends on the configuration how you have setup to decide how the requested participant is added!!

it adds the original sender as the customer / requestor. it SOMETIMES adds the original email as participant

2022-02-23 13_16_24-[CTS-26] fwd test - Jira - Brave.png

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2022

Cc

@Jack Brickey 

Actually the one sends the mail to the the email address will  be added as the request participant

And if that user is not found, then it will look in CC

Ref here

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/How-do-emails-forwarded-to-JSD-work/qaq-p/1379958

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events