Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Status autiomation for linked issues.

Jakub Szymanski July 29, 2022

Hi,

I got a problem where scenario looks like this.

I have simple automation rule which is based that whenever customer is replying to us, our JIRA status change from 'waiting for customer' to Pending.

However i want this rule to be extended and check first if there is any linked issue assigned to this one, because if it is, i would like automate to give it different status than Pending.

I was struggling to do it and find a way how to proceed. Can anyone have that scenario and can help me? Many thanks in advance.

Attaching screenshot for current rule.

Automataion 1.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Jakub Szymanski August 1, 2022

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Is there any way that i can also add there checking on what status is the linked issue? I do not see that kind of option and that might be very useful.

0 votes
Paul Krueger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2022

Could you use the related issues condition? You'll need to change the way your rule is set up so you're using an if/else condition, but it should work just fine.

2022-07-29 12_34_49-Clipboard.png

Jakub Szymanski August 1, 2022

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Is there any way that i can also add there checking on what status is the linked issue? I do not see that kind of option and that might be very useful.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events