Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inviting users - not receiving email

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2022

When inviting users people are reporting they are not receiving an email from Atlassian. I invite users by their company issued outlook address. This hasn't been an issue before.

I have even hit resent invite for a couple of days now. 

Checked spam.

I read on another thread that if the accounts were sent the invite BEFORE the email account was created, their address could be on a suppression list ? What do I do from here if that's the case ?

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2022

@Daniel Eads not sure if this is the correct way to get this resolved .. I seen on another thread you had cleared the remaining entries on a domain to resolve this ?  

Created https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-724674  too..

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2022

Hi @Sierra , I see that a support engineer was able to clear some blocks for your domain the other day. One of the entries specifically mentioned in your support case was back on the list the same day; I've cleared that one again. If any of the users mentioned start having issues again, you can reply on the support case and it will re-open.

Cheers,
Daniel

Dennis Stapleton May 18, 2022

Hi Daniel,

I have the same issue. I introduced Confluence as a new colloboration tool for our office . Many of our team members are not receiving the access invite emails. I resent invites many times to one of the team mebers and he has not received any of them. Interestingly, task notifications emails from confluence are being received by team members. But not the initial invite!!

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2022

Hi @Dennis Stapleton ,

I've cleared out recent errors (May 17) for 2 users on your domain. They had similar bounces from Office365 - please follow the steps in Unblocking Office365 emails for Atlassian Cloud to allowlist Atlassian emails on your domain. That will ensure emails don't bounce and cause this problem again.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Lucas Batier September 6, 2022

Hi @Daniel Eads,

I have exactly the same problem with one of my user, can you help us with that?

Thanks,

Lucas

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
September 7, 2022

Hi @Lucas Batier ,

There were a total of 6 email addresses at your organization that wound up on the suppression list over the past year - several of them quite recently. I've cleared them all off the list. Please follow the steps in Unblocking Office365 emails for Atlassian Cloud to allowlist Atlassian emails on your domain. That will ensure emails don't bounce and cause this problem again.

You will need to re-send any pending invitations in order for delivery to be attempted again. I strongly recommend completing the steps in the linked article first, before resending the invites.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Dan Brimmicombe April 25, 2022

Hi I also have the same problem via a service management project. Can anyone help us? Emails just not coming through - checked our mail server. 

Yakov Zelik April 27, 2022

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
May 18, 2022

@Dan Brimmicombe I've cleared out some email suppressions on your domain. There were 8 email addresses total on your domain that weren't getting notifications due to previous bounces.

Any new notifications should start flowing, but if you had any invitations that weren't delivered previously, you'll need to resent those invitations.

Given your mail provider is Office 365 and the types of errors we had in our logs, please follow the steps in Unblocking Office365 emails for Atlassian Cloud to allowlist Atlassian emails on your domain. That will ensure emails don't bounce and cause this problem again.

Cheers,
Daniel

Dan Brimmicombe September 8, 2022

Thanks Daniel, things have got better but we're still getting a few issues. Can you see if there are any other people on the suppressions for our domain since you last did this please? 

Cheers. 

0 votes
maksim.zavyalov March 4, 2022

I have the same problem. Invited a user, but the user hasn't received any invitation. Could you pls. help?

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
May 18, 2022

@maksim.zavyalov - sorry for not seeing this reply earlier. I see you've recently opened some support cases for the invitations that weren't received. While the support engineers handling those cases cleared the email pauses on the Atlassian side, I do notice that your mail provider is Office365 as well, and that the errors our mail system received are of the type that can be cleared up by following the steps in Unblocking Office365 emails for Atlassian Cloud . If you (or an Exchange Online admin) can complete those steps, it should prevent future invitations from getting stuck.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Gian Generoso January 26, 2022

Hi @Daniel Eads, a user within my organization was invited to participate in Bitbucket repos but did not receive any invitation emails. Junk/spam folders and spam filter service inboxes were checked but turned up with nothing. Last name is Todorov, if that helps.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
January 28, 2022

Hi @Gian Generoso ,

I didn't find a user on your domain similar to that username pattern on the list of email addresses which have been paused. Since we will need the full email address in order to check the logs, I've created a support case on your behalf to provide the email address privately.

Thanks,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events