Unsuppress invitation emails with one click

Hello Community :wave:

My name is Irene, and I’m a Senior Product Manager for Jira Software. Today, I’m excited to announce an improved way to deal with invitation emails that have been suppressed and not sent. You can now quickly unsuppress and resend problematic invitation emails without contacting Atlassian Support. We’ve rolled out this new experience and it’s available for all Atlassian customers.

How it used to be :frowning:

The invitation email lets users know they've been added to a workspace. We’ve heard from customers that most cases of suppression occur at this moment, which means users whose email addresses are suppressed don’t receive an invitation email.

An admin's natural first step to resolve this would often be to head over to the user management screen on admin.atlassian.com and resend the invite. But this wasn’t changing anything, as the user’s email address was still suppressed. Admins had to contact support to get the email address unsuppressed.

What’s been improved :check_mark:

With the backend work that's been done, admins can now unsuppress email addresses themselves, without contacting support.

Select the "Resend invite" link on the admin.atlassian.com user management screen (see below image) to unsuppress the user’s email address and resend the invitation email, with a single click.

image-20230104-063031 (1).png

The journey is just beginning :rocket:

Our teams are currently working hard to create a better notification experience in Jira Software, based on the valuable feedback you provide. Stay tuned for further updates!

- Irene

5 comments

Steven LeVine January 30, 2023

Hi @Irene - This is great news. One thing I do want to ask: As an admin, how can I tell by looking to know if an invitation email has been not been delivered and caused the email address to be suppressed? We would like to not have to automatically resend causing a second invite to go through if the first was successful and conversely we'd like to be proactive and not have to wait until a user complains they are not receiving notifications.

Thank you,

Steve L.

Belto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2023

Hi @Steven LeVine - In its current state, there's no public audit for admins to view when users are suppressed and would indeed have to rely on users informing them that they haven't received an email.

This change is just one step in the work that needs to be done as it continues to improve. You should be able to track this type of visibility in CLOUD-11259.

Belto.

Like # people like this
kgarridogonzalez May 15, 2023

Good morning,

I have the same problem, but no way to resend the invitation link. Could you please do it for us?

Ben Strackany October 3, 2023

Same problem. This is for a user that already had access but has now left. There's no "resend invite" option for established users, nor a way for an admin to reset someone else's password.

Glenn Castillo October 25, 2023

Same problem but for portal customers. They are not included in the "Users" list and they don't have a re-invite link either as far as I can tell (?).

Like Dario B likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events