Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invite non-customers to project through Automation

reno_dormanns July 3, 2024

Hello,

Using the following option:

Sharing.png

I've found customers can add other non-customers to their issues and therefore invite these non-customers to our environment, making them customers. They can do this via the "Shared with" option in the portal after an issue has been sent. JSM even sends a nice invitation email. This is a functionality we seek, as our customers need to open their issues to other customers that may not have logged in to our environment before.

However, I would like to extend this feature to before customers have send in their request type. I use custom fields to note down the email addresses of the non-customers and use Edit issue - request participants to add these persons to the issue as participants via the aforementioned custom fields, hoping that the Automation makes use of the same customer sharing feature. However, the rule fails to add the email addresses to the request participants field with error: "Inactive user". And thus it seems the Automation cannot or does not make use of the customer sharing feature.

Is there a way around this? 

Thank you in advance,

Reno Dormanns

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events