Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use insight Information to have better Tickets in JSM?

Deleted user July 14, 2021

Hallo, 

I am currently looking into how i can use the Power of the new JSM insight to make our Service Portal and Service Team better.

On Example would be:

We have Hardware Catalogs in our Company, according to your Level in the Company, you have different Hardware you can choose from. 
Now the Plan would be, insight knows you, therefore it knows which Category you can choose from and only shows you the Hardware from this Category when you create your Hardware Request.

Now i have a Problem JSM as of now doesn't support Dynamic Request Forms, we are using a third Party Addon for that (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212161/extension-for-jira-service-management?hosting=cloud&tab=overview), but this Addon can't handle Insight Object Fields.

Another Problem is, that even if it was possible to have the Object Fields in the Dynamic Form i still would have to create one Field per Item (e.g.: Laptop) and Category (e.g.: Category 1) because the Filtering for the Category is already in the Field so i have to create lots of Custom Fields (Laptops Cat 1, Laptops Cat 2, Laptops Cat 3, ...)

Is there a Solution for my Use Case, or is there new Functionality on the Horizon?

Thanks

Best Wishes
Michael  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2021

This should help:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/configure-the-insight-object-field/

Look at the  Filter Scope and Filter Issue Scope sections.

Phil

Deleted user July 25, 2021

Hallo Phil,

thanks for your help.

In the mean time i got this answer from Support and forgot to write it here.

Best Wishes
Michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events