Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to completely remove user

Timo Pitkäranta May 2, 2019

We invited a customer to our customer portal with email someone@example.com. Some time after this, admin accidentally created also user with excactly same email, someone@example.com

Customer was able to login to customer portal first, but now he reported he is unable login. We did following 

• we deleted user someone@example.com
  • we revoked and granted access and resetted password for customer someone@example.com

Customer still can't access customer portal, the error message is: "Incorrect email address and / or password".  

• When I check Administration -> Users, someone@example.com can't be found (this is correct)
  • In Administration -> Jira Service Desk, someone@example.com is found (this is also correct)

However, when I check Service Desk Project settings -> Permissions -> Permission helper I still can see 2 users for email someone@example.com. 

How to completely remove the user someone@example.com and give access to customer someone@example.com?

1 answer

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2019

Hi @Timo Pitkäranta ,

I'm sorry you are running into this...you've done everything I would suggest trying, it sounds like you will need some help from Atlassian. I suggest contacting them via https://support.atlassian.com/ , they should be able to help you figure it out. 

-Scott

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events