Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I copy over all Request Participants from one issue to another?

Alex Lock April 18, 2023

We have tickets that become 'child tickets' of other issues. When issues are linked as child tickets we need to bring over their request participants from one issue from another. With the set up in the screenshot below I have done this but it only copies the first paricipant. How do I get it to copy the others?

Edit: The image uploader on here is broken, so I can't show it exactly.

It was as follows:

• When issue transitioned to DONE et al
    • BRANCH: Linked Issues = "is child to"
      • THEN : Assign the issue to (copy from trigger)
      • AND : Edit issue fields "Request Participants" (copy from trigger)

2 answers

1 vote
Karim ABO HASHISH
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

hi @Alex Lock 

did you manage to solve the puzzle or do you still need further assistance.

Alex Lock May 16, 2023

Well, I found out I need this code, but not sure what to use for the ID to identify it as a parent issue:

{
"update": {
"Request participants" : [
{
"add": {
"id":"{{xxx}}"
}
}
]
}
}

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2023

Hi @Alex Lock

I understand you're currently looking into an Automation-based solution, but just to offer a completely different perspective: If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, your use case might be trivial to do with the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also supports bulk-editing of all your issue fields - including the request participants - using copy/paste, like so: 

request-participants-copy-paste.gif

This works for any number of issues in one action, and also between JXL and pretty much any other app - so depending on your exact requirements, you may be done with your work in just a couple of clicks.(It's worth noting that JXL can do much more than this: From support for configurable issue hierarchies, to issue grouping by any field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.)

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders