Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I assign issues based on insight value

Scott Federman April 18, 2022

I have multiple object types

• Branch
  • L1 Approver
  • L2 Approver

What i want to figure out is if i have a branch object "blue spot home loans" i want to set l1 approver object to "scott federman" and l2 approver to "allie stewart" how would i go about doing this with automation?

2 answers

2 votes
Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2022

Seems like it would be most logical to store the L1 and L2 approvers as user attributes on the Branch object type? Then it would be easy to update the approvers when needed in Insight. 

If you have a Branch Field custom field storing Branch objects you can update the L1 Approver and L2 Approver fields in automation with a smart value like this:

Trigger on Field value changed (Branch Field)

Edit issue action:

Set "L1 Approver" field: {{issue.Branch Field.L1 Approver}}

/Björn

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2022

Hi @Scott Federman 

Include the lookup objects and fill in the IQLin Automation and edit the fields with smart value

This community post will help how to achieve that

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Insight-Lookup-objects-in-automation-module/qaq-p/1977271

Let me know if you have any further questions

Thanks,

Pramodh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events