Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How define issues against SLA goals based on ticket fields

Charlotte Bish February 18, 2022

Hi!

Stuck... REALLY hoping someone can help!

First of all, company are not using the priority field and so is not an option to use that as the differentiator. 

I'm trying to set a 'time to resolution' SLA with differing time goals based on an issues assigned (custom field) 'issue category'.

JIRA SLA.jpg

Thought I'd sussed it but when looking at the report it shows tickets against the 8h (Priority 1-2) time goal that should not be there as have an 'issue category' from the 27h (Priority 3) group.

There are a number of issue categories so is a lot to manually map. Categories such as:

- Registration issue

- PDS Re-run required

- Feature issue

etc

To explain my logic (as a novice JIRA and JQL user...) - For 8h (priority 1-2) tickets it should only be against:

• Tickets without a component against them ('audit' and 'Parent ticket' for example)
  • Tickets where 'CCG or STP' (custom field) is not N/A
  • Tickets with 'Issue Category' (custom field) is "Technical issue - App down/not working"

I tried:

"Issue Category[Dropdown]" = "Technical Issue - App down/not working" AND "CCG or STP[Dropdown]" != "N/A" OR component != "Parent ticket" OR component != "Feature delays / Feature que" OR component != Audits AND Status = Resolved

However in the report it is including tickets assigned different issue categories?

All other issue categories (quite a few) would be mapped to 27 hours(P3) and 90 hours (P4+5). Other criteria remain the same though. 

Any support would be amazing!

Kind regards

Bish

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2022

Hi @Charlotte Bish,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Your filters are missing the (), anytime you are using OR you have to use () so that you get results you want. So for example the filter you tried should look something like this:

"Issue Category[Dropdown]" = "Technical Issue - App down/not working" AND ("CCG or STP[Dropdown]" != "N/A" OR component != "Parent ticket" OR component != "Feature delays / Feature que" OR component != Audits) AND Status = Resolved

Oh my... 🤦‍♀️

Let me go try that before I close this off! #basics

Thank you so much!

@Mikael Sandberg you are a legend! Thank you!

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2022

Also note that if you want to search on components and want to exclude one, you have to also include the the case where the issue does not have a component set like this:

(component != Something OR component is EMPTY)

The sam thing applies to labels.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events