Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I pull data from JSM to feed a Scrum board in JIRA Software?

Francis Castro March 15, 2022

I am administrator  in JSM, and Project admin in  Jira Software. I'm looking for syncing the  Scrum board feature to make it visible in JSM // or to pull in content from JSM projects into JIRA Software for the Scrum boards specifically.

In JIRA software when I go to ""Boards > View all boards > Create board"" my only next options are Scrum Board or Kanban Board >>> Board from an existing project or Board from an existing Saved Filter"".  I cannot see an option to add additional projects to be able to pull data from JSM.

1 answer

1 vote
Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2022

Hi @Francis Castro,

You would need to create a JQL filter to include the tickets from the JSM project. And then use that filter to create the Scrum board.

Keep in mind, anyone that needs to manipulate (edit/transition) the tickets in the scrum board will need to have a JSM license. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2022

yes indeed. IMO it is best to created linked issues in you SW project for this rather than use JSM directly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events