Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add more users to make tasks, but not as agents.

Omar Terrazas February 22, 2022

Hi, so we are about to start a FUT with 30 persons from Dev team, the companie started the project in Jira Service Management and what´s curious is that one account can access to the project, and see tasks, bugs, assign them, but he is not an agent. 

When I want to add people, the billing grow  20 dollars more, and with Jira software says that is just 7.5 dollars. I don´t know if there is a way to add people to the project not as agents, but as collaborators or users that can see the development of the project.

2 answers

2 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2022

Hi @Omar Terrazas 

It sounds like you have a non Agent user that is able to see these Jira Service Management (JSM) project.  Check out How can service project and software teams work together? It explains in more detail that by default non agents can't see these issues.  But it is possible to configure your Jira site and that project to allow those users to view these issues, and even leave internal comments on them. When you have either licensed Jira Software users or Jira Work Management users on your same site, those users can be collaborators on JSM projects.

But for this to work in that manner, the Permissions for your service project and Jira site have to be setup in such a way for those users to be able to see these issues.  I suspect that your site is setup in this way.  Also take a look at Update product access.  Depending on which product access each user has access to will determine the billing rate here.

Andy

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You have to be an Agent in order to create issues (tasks) in a Service Management project.  Customers can create Requests, which create an issue in the project (with a 1:1 relationship between them)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events