Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling 2-way chat in Slack from portal submitted requests (Former Halp User)

Joe Luchini
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 25, 2024

Hello Everyone,

Our organization primarily relies on Slack for communication. We've been using Halp via Slack for ticket intake, and our internal ticket submitters have become pretty accustomed to managing their issues through Slack over the past few years.

However, with the impending move-away day from Halp coming up, I've implemented a new ticketing flow via a helpdesk 'portal' within Jira Service Management to handle incoming requests.

One significant hurdle we're facing though, is the inability to have interactive (2-way) conversations on Slack with issues created from the portal. Currently, I've setup a webhook automation, that posts details of the ticket to a public slack channel on submission. But, the issue is, users still need to comment on the ticket inside the portal to allow visibility for both us as the triaging team, and them as the requester. 

My aim is to streamline the process by having users submit their issues through our portal since features like forms and knowledge base integration aren't available in Slack. Once a ticket is submitted, its details would be shared in a public Slack channel. Users would then have two options:

1. Comment on the issue directly in Slack, with those comments synchronized to the JSM ticket comments.
  2. Alternatively, if they choose to comment within the JSM portal, their input would be synced to the thread of the corresponding Slack message.

Despite experimenting extensively with different settings and features, I'm starting to feel discouraged about finding a viable solution. It seems we might have to revert to the limited Slack submission workflow.

If anyone has insights or suggestions on how to achieve this functionality, I'd greatly appreciate your assistance.

1 answer

1 vote
Fatih Calis April 26, 2024

You might want to take a look at this app called Jira Software by Actioner. It seems like it could be a good fit for what you're trying to achieve. With this app, you can easily configure it to integrate with your Jira Service Management project and enable interactive conversations on Slack with issues created from Jira.

Here's the link to check it out: Jira Software by Actioner

By installing and configuring this app, you should be able to streamline your ticketing process and maintain bidirectional communication between your team and users, all within Slack.

Additionally, if you're interested, I've also prepared a quick demo video showcasing how to use this app for your specific use case. You can watch it here.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events