Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email responses to @mentions not showing up in comments

Keith Jones
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2021

We have some examples where JSM agents reply back to an @mention email, but their reply doesn't show up in the service management issue as a comment. These are direct replies and this only happens occasionally. Are there known conditions (i.e. replying from an Android phone) that may cause this? 

We are on JSM cloud, and the replies are going back to jira.xxxxx.net. The subject line from the @mention does not match the issue summary, but does contain the issue key. 

The agent sent me a copy of the email reply that did not make it into the issue - I forwarded that same email to the jira.xxxxx.net address and it showed up as a comment. Thoughts?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Keith Jones
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2021

We finally found out the root cause of this - the specific user had both a customer account and a licensed Atlassian account. Evidently this confuses the email handler. We merged the customer account with the Atlassian account and all seems well now. 

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2021

@Keith Jones 

Have you checked the email logs for the service desk to see if they were skipped for a reason.  You can do this by going to Jira Administration (Cog in the upper right) > Products > Jira Service Management (in the left-hand menu) > Email Requests

Find the Service Project (email address) and click view logs.  Then find the email and see why it was not processed.  Some mobile email apps strip the header file or send it from an email address that is not associated with their Atlassian user account.  It sounds like you might have the latter happening.

Keith Jones
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2021

The agent I'm looking at is replying from her desktop (outlook). I did look the log files and realized something:

1. We use a custom email address for our incoming email requests (helpdesk@xxxx.com)
2. If the comment goes to an agent and they reply in outlook, the "reply to" is in the format of AgentName <jira@xxxx.atlassian.net>. So those emails don't seem to appear in the log. 

In the Cloud version, is there a way to see a log for emails coming in through the Jira@xxxx.atlassian.net email?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events