Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Display Insight object custom field as smart values

Edited

I am using Automation to send emails which include specific fields from customer Requests. When attempting to add the Insight custom field, the only value returned is the Insight Key. I would like it to display the Insight name instead.

I have found other users with similar questions here and here, however their issue was that both the Key and the Name were displaying and they wished to correct that to only the Name.

My smart value code looks like this:

*Manager:* {{issue.customfield_10186}}

And the email comes across like this:

Manager: IT-19666

I have attempted to add the .summary, however that returns only a blank field.

Any ideas on how I may get the Insight name to appear?

1 answer

3 votes
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Dec 09, 2021

Have you tried using the lookup object to get the attributes for the object? I am using it to get a list of approvers when someone submits an access request for some of our tools. The automation I am using looks like this:

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 2.49.09 PM.png

Hi Mikael,

Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately that option doesn't work for my instance. Below you can see what my automation is accomplishing. I am using the smart values to add the details of the HR project request to the Description field of a new task in the IT project.

hrAutomation.png

And here is the new Task as it appears. Note that only the Insight object key is being shown, and not the Name:

issueCreated.png

Based on the Jira documentation, I should be able to display both the Key and the Name:

insightSmart.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

599 views 5 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you