Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight object custom field as smart values

Troy Chaplin July 10, 2021

I've created several Insight Object Custom Fields and am using them in smart values in emails that are sent via Jira Automation. Easy enough.

The issue I have is that the custom fields are stored with both the name and the key of the insight object. I would like to only use the name in my smart values. I looked into using some functions in my automation but the custom fields are not stored as text strings so that failed.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a way I could do this?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2021

Hi @Troy Chaplin ,

please, try to use:

{{issue.Your field.summary}}
Troy Chaplin July 10, 2021

Amazing, that worked like a charm. I didn't think to do it with summary as there was no additional info in the array when I looked at the REST API return for the issue.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2021

I remember I saw this in documentation, but I'm not able to find it anymore.

Insight fields are mentioned here, but the meaning of the smart values are different (it seems like a mistake to me, I reported it to Atlassian)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events