Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable 'Confluence Project Spaces' in Knowledge Base

Will_y_ De Vos January 21, 2022

Hi Community,

hoping you can help with this one...

We are working on a knowledge base for our users.

When opening this KB in a private browser (to emulate non logged in users) I also see Confluence Project Spaces and I want to see that option disabled.

The reason is that when opening that menu the feed is also displayed and this would mean that everyone (even not logged in users) are seeing that feed. No need to mention that those are internal comments that should remain invisible.

Or can I disable this feed?

Any suggestions how to proceed and to set up that knowledge Base.

Thanks ! Best regards, Willkb2.pngKB1.png

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2022

Hello @Will_y_ De Vos,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

When spaces and pages are visible when accessing Confluence without logging in, it means that Anonymous Access is enabled on the space.

On Confluence, access the Onyx KB space and click on Space settings > Space permissions.

Then on the bottom of the page, click on Edit permissions and uncheck all checkboxes for the Anonymous Access > Save all.

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 15.47.53.png

Follow the same steps for Onyx One Manual space. 

There is also a Global setting for anonymous access.

Go to Cog icon > Global permissions (under Security) > Anonymous access and you can edit, so when someone tries to access Confluence, it will show the login page.

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 15.46.43.png

Note that, if you want internal users and customers to view these pages, it’s only necessary to link the space to a Service Management project and on Who can view it select All Logged-in users, and also, the people you need to see the pages need to be listed as customers on the project.

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 15.46.23.png

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Will_y_ De Vos January 27, 2022

Hi Angélica!

Thanks for your answer, I will check this out.

Have a great day,

Will

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events